Birmingham confirms 2022 CWG sports, venues
The full list of sports and venues for the 2022 Commonwealth Games (CWG) in Birmingham have been confirmed. Shooting will not be included in the competition. The cycling events will take place in London – the only venue outside the West Midlands.
17 sports events will be held over 11 days of the Games. The locations are as follows:
- Athletics and Para-Athletics will take place at an upgraded Alexander Stadium, close to the Commonwealth Games Village
- Gymnastics will be held at Arena Birmingham
- The NEC campus will host six sports – Badminton, Boxing, Judo, Table Tennis, Weightlifting (and Para Powerlifting) and Wrestling
- Hockey and Squash will take place at Birmingham University’s facilities
- Rugby Sevens will be at Aston Villa’s football ground Villa Park
- Swimming and Diving will take place at a new Aquatics Facility in Sandwell
- Triathlon will be at Sutton Park in Sutton Coldfield
- Mountain Biking will be held at Cannock Chase
- Netball will be at the Coventry Arena
- Lawn Bowls will be held in Royal Leamington Spa
- Track cycling will take place at the velodrome at the Lee Valley Velo Park in London
- A Birmingham city-centre venue for the 3×3 Basketball and Wheelchair Basketball events is still being finalized.
Around a million tickets will be available, and will go on sale closer to the event.
All of the venues are already open, with the exception of the new Aquatics Centre, which is planned to be built in Sandwell.
« Previous News:
» Next News: