CBRE prize acquisition in Turner & Townsend



Linkedin Twitter

CBRE buys majority stake in Turner and Townsend Image: CBRE & Turner & Townsend

In one of its biggest acquisitions ever, the real estate company Coldwell Banker Richard Ellis (CBRE) is paying $1.3 billion for a majority stake Project Manager Turner & Townsend.

‘AMP Project’ stated that the world’s biggest commercial real estate services firm is acquiring 60 percent of the London-based company. The acquisition is expected to close in the fourth quarter with Turner & Townsend’s leadership team remaining in place and retaining a 40 percent stake.

Dallas (US)-based Coldwell Banker Richard Ellis (CBRE) Group, Inc. is an American commercial real estate services and investment firm. It is the largest commercial real estate services company in the world.

Turner & Townsend is a multinational professional services company headquartered in Leeds, United Kingdom, specializing in program management, project management, cost management, and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors.

The impetus for the deal appears to be growing interest in alternative energy and infrastructure investments. CBRE CEO Bob Sulentic said many of his owners and corporate tenants want to reduce their carbon footprints.

Turner & Townsend is one of the world’s largest project managers of infrastructure, real estate construction and natural resources projects. The company was already planning on expanding into the alternative energy arena prior to the acquisition talks, and the CBRE deal is expected to accelerate those plans.

The ‘AMP Project’ further stated that Turner & Townsend, which will continue to deliver services under its brand, has clients in 46 countries and has worked on such high-profile projects as The Shard in London. CBRE has clients in more than 100 countries. The acquisition will allow it to expand in the Pacific Rim and the Middle East.

CBRE has recently focused on diversifying, adding consulting as well as project and property management to its commission-based transactions. That pivot helped the company record $5.94 billion in revenue in the first quarter of 2021.

Continue to follow Coliseum for latest updates on venues business news. Coliseum is dedicated towards building the best global community of sports and entertainment venue executives and professionals creating better and more profitable venues.

Become a member of the only Global Sports Venue Alliance and connect with stadiums, arenas and experts from around the world. Apply for membership at coliseum-online.com/alliance and make use of the 365Coliseum Business.

Watch 150 member-exclusive videos with valuable tips for your venue



« Previous News:
» Next News:



More News

Churchill Downs renovation project update Sept 2021

Churchill Downs to bask in pristine glory

Published: September 23rd, 2021

Two major projects are underway at the horse racing complex at Churchill Downs (US) that will lead... » Read more

US Falcon Stadium Air Force renovation

State-of-the-art look for Falcon Stadium

Published: September 23rd, 2021

After nearly six decades of football games, graduations, concerts, and various events, proposed... » Read more

Kaka joins Orlando Bid

Kaká ‘pitch’ for Orlando FIFA show bid

Published: September 23rd, 2021

Kaká, the Brazilian soccer star who culminated his career playing for the Major League Soccer... » Read more

LA Coliseum to host NASCAR race

NASCAR race inside LA venue ‘track’blazer!

Published: September 23rd, 2021

The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) (US) has been aspiring for long to... » Read more


Receive global sports venue NEWS twice a week in your inbox