Orlando to host first edition of Coliseum Summit USA on April 28-29



Linkedin Twitter

Coliseum Summit AMERICAS

Coliseum – a top name in international stadium conferences – has arrived in the United States.

Having established itself as a successful brand in the Middle East, Europe and India since 2011, Coliseum Summit is set for its foray in the United States this year. The first edition of Coliseum Summit USA will be held at the Grand Bohemian Hotel in Orlando, Florida on April 28-29, 2015.

Conceived and executed by the MJR Group, Coliseum is a unique three-in-one brand comprising a conference, a publication and an online-platform dedicated to design, delivery, operations and legacy of stadia and arenas. The three-in-one branding is tailored to add great value to the venue business internationally.

“After hosting over 10 stadium conferences in Qatar, Turkey, Iraq and India, Coliseum is excited to enter the very sophisticated stadium business market of the USA,” said Michael Rennschmied, the CEO of MJR Group.

“The conference program in the US is geared to meet the local demands of the stadium and arena business and therefore completely different from the ones in the Middle East or Europe for example,” he added.

Coliseum Summit USA is expected to bring together over 200 venue specialists. Representatives from several key venues and clubs will be participating at the conference. These include: Miami Marlins, Miami Heat, Orlando Magic, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Orlando City Soccer, Jacksonville Jaguars, University of Florida and many more.

The sessions have been meticulously designed with 80% US content and the remaining 20% focussed on international content. Industry leaders from the USA as well as from Qatar, Germany, Brazil and South Africa have been lined up to share their experiences and knowledge.

Special inaugural tours have been organised for the participants to the Amway Center and Citrus Bowl on the two respective days of the event. Following which, the conference will begin.

The event will see special presentation and case studies on Daytona International, New Orlando City Soccer Stadium, HOK New Atlanta Falcons Stadium among others. The future upgradation of Raymond James Stadium, Tampa and EverBank Field, Jacksonville will also be among the topics of the sessions.

Participants will also get to witness an overview of the preparation for Qatar World Cup 2022 and another session highlighting the Stadium Revolution from Germany: Suprastadio.

Commenting on the format of the conference, Rennschmied stressed that there will be no breakout sessions. “All sessions are main sessions. We will keep people together in one room. If everyone listens to the lessons and challenges of others, there will be better venues at the end,” he explained the logic behind the arrangement.

With a vision of having four annual conferences on four continents, Coliseum has transformed into a leading forum that offers interconnectivity to all the regions of the world. In the process, it has successfully created unique platforms from where knowledge is shared between local, regional and international experts who design, construct, operate and manage venues globally.

The two-day conference has received a phenomenal response from the industry reflected in its list of sponsors and supporters.

The sponsors include: COLOSSEO, Hill International, Sheerfill Architectural Membrane, Ephesus, HOK, Moster Jam World Tour, Geiger Engineers, Sika Bulding Triust, BIRDAIR, Series Seating.

The supporters include: Central Florida Sports Commission, Orlando Venues, Orlando Citrus Bowl, Amway Center, UF – University of Florida, Visit Orlando, Sports Authority.

“With the support of strong partners including sports bodies, stadium buyers and owners, and investors, we are very confident to add value to the stadium and venues sector in the USA,” Rennschmied concluded.

Watch 150 member-exclusive videos with valuable tips for your venue



« Previous News:
» Next News:



More News

US stadiums as vaccination centers

US stadia to the fore as vaccine centers

Published: January 15, 2021

Citi Field, Gillette Stadium and Inter Miami CF Stadium – all in the United States –... » Read more

US baseball stadium in Nashville renting out suits

US baseball teams renting out stadium suites

Published: January 15, 2021

The American professional baseball team High Point Rockers (independent; Atlantic League) and the... » Read more

Wembley to care for Londoners during covid pandemic

Cops train in Wembley to aid COVID-struck

Published: January 15, 2021

The United Kingdom is facing the worst-ever situation in the second wave of coronavirus as deaths... » Read more

Angel City FC will play in Banc of California Stadium

Banc of California home of Angel City FC

Published: January 15, 2021

US-based Angel City FC, Los Angeles’ newest National Women’s Soccer League’s (NWSL’s)... » Read more


Receive global sports venue NEWS twice a week in your inbox