Caulfield Racecourse to be revamped
The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) recently revealed plans for a major redevelopment of Caulfield Racecourse in Victoria, Australia.
Founded in 1876, the MRC is one of Victoria’s oldest member-based organizations, contributing more than A$1.3 billion and over 4,500 jobs into the economy each year.
The MRC has announced a vision for its facilities in order to ensure continued success into the future.
The vision proposes redevelopment of Caulfield Racecourse that seeks to cement the venue as a world class racing, event and recreation facility for members, guests and the local community to enjoy for generations to come.
Major changes are proposed to create state-of-the-art facilities including grandstands, horse stalls, mounting yard, arrival areas and public realm. With the addition of a second racetrack and opportunity for lighting, the venue will provide a completely new horse racing experience.
In addition, the Masterplan will see additional land unlocked for public use. The Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Trust are preparing a comprehensive Land Management Plan for the reserve to guide community use of the overall precinct. The MRC is supporting the process to ensure the full potential of the site is realized.
Caulfield Racecourse is the only precinct of its kind in the south-east delivering top class facilities for racing and events and its long-term success and growth is vital to the region. The vision for Caulfield Racecourse includes:
- A revitalized entry experience for guests including streamlined access from Caulfield Station and private vehicles
- New stands with a modern offer and improved track viewing
- The latest technology to improve the raceday and event experience
- Improved access to amenities
- Increased trackside lawn areas
- New centralized horse stalls and mounting yard offering greater patron access and viewing
- A second racetrack with opportunities for twilight and night racing
- World class facilities for industry participants
- Multi-purpose spaces for better utilization of the site by members and the public
- A resilient and sustainable facility which minimizes its impact on the environment to ensure it can be enjoyed for the next 150 years
- Planning for the implementation of the masterplan has now commenced.
Continue to follow Coliseum for latest updates on venues business news. Coliseum is dedicated towards building the best global community of sports and entertainment venue executives and professionals creating better and more profitable venues.
Coliseum facilitates a dialogue between stadiums, arenas, clubs, leagues and experts and enables them to learn from each other while establishing relationships. Coliseum’s digital 365Coliseum Business Center is a vast pool of resource for the stadium and arena industry world-wide.
« Previous News:
» Next News: